Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Based on daily data, we have 44 Alert HQ BUY signals and 13 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 5 Alert HQ BUY signal and 75 SELL signals
- We have 72 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 149 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 823 Cash Flow Kings
- 86 Swing Signals -- 85 BUY signals and 1 SELL Signals
- 96 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 35 stocks that are new additions to the list and 18 that fell off the previous list.
- 34 Trend Busters based on daily data of which 27 are BUY signals. We also have 115 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 165 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We also have 43 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
A week can sure make a difference in this market. Last week's post referred to SELL signals piling up all over the place. I'm happy to report that this week's post can point to a resurgence in BUY signals.
The fastest moving signals are firmly bullish now. Swing Signals, Trend Busters and the Alert HQ signals based on daily data are all showing a big majority of BUY signals and very few SELL signals. We are seeing that the majority of gaps these days are to the upside.
The slower moving indicators like the Trend Leaders are lagging. The Trend Leaders list has stopped shrinking but it has a long way to go before it hits levels we are used to seeing during rallies. The Alert HQ signals based on weekly data are likewise not as bad as they were but are still showing significant numbers of SELL signals.
All in all, it looks like the ship is slowly changing course but, to mix metaphors, we are not out of the woods yet. So many stocks, despite turning up this week, still have to convincingly break above their 50-day moving averages. Whereas the 50-DMA used to provide support, now it provides resistance.
In any case, I am hopeful that this pullback is nearing its end. If our analysis is correct, many stocks are at good entry points now and Alert HQ has identified those that are on the move. Don't invest without checking Alert HQ first!
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals or Gap Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Found a few stock picks you are interested in? If you are looking to refine your entry and exit points, you should take a look at what our friends at Hottinger's E-Zone Signals have to offer.