Each week we scan about 7300 stocks and ETFs, checking fundamentals, performing technical analysis and looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals. Out of this process we generate the following lists:
- Alert HQ stock alerts - based on a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques, we identify stocks or ETFs that are undergoing reversals, either to the upside or to the downside
- Trend Leaders - a collection of stocks in strong up-trends
- Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater
- Bollinger Band Breakouts - stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band
- Swing Signals - stocks that have bounced off a higher or lower Bollinger Band
- Trend Busters - stocks or ETFs that have violated a current trend.
After a couple of disappointing weeks, stocks got their mojo back and, with the help of a last minute rally on Friday afternoon, major averages managed to post decent gains. With stocks stuck in what looks like a trading range for the last month now, we are seeing fewer Alerts and fewer Trendbusters in the daily data. Interestingly, the weekly data remains quite robust across the board. This trading range is also causing us to get plenty of rotation on and off the TrendLeaders list so be sure to check who is on and who is off this week.
Here is the detailed breakdown for Alert HQ for this weekend:
- based on daily data, we have 2 Alert HQ BUY signals and 12 SELL signals
- based on weekly data, we have 74 Alert HQ BUY signals and 4 SELL signals
- based on daily data, we have 568 Trend Leaders
- based on daily data, we have 196 Bollinger Band Breakouts but we also have 451 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- we have 872 Cash Flow Kings
- based on daily data we have 62 Swing Signals of which 46 are BUY signals and 16 are SELL signals, no Strong BUY or Strong SELL signals today
- finally, we have Trend Busters with 16 signals based on daily data and 60 based on weekly data
If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.