Each week we scan about 7300 stocks and ETFs looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals. To generate our stock alerts, we apply a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques to identify those stocks that are beginning to move. Our goal is to identify stocks or ETFs that are undergoing reversals, either to the upside or to the downside.
In addition to stock alerts, we have a lot more available at Alert HQ:
- Trend Leaders - a collection of stocks in strong up-trends
- Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater
- Bollinger Band Breakouts - stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band
- Swing Signals - stocks that have bounced off a higher or lower Bollinger Band
- Trend Busters - stocks or ETFs that have violated a current trend.
Markets started strongly on Monday then weakened every day into Friday with major averages managing to finish the week with only fractional gains. Uncertainty seems to have returned to the stock market and stocks are moving more or less sideways. As a result, many of our lists are shorter than usual this week. Nevertheless, there's always a bull market somewhere and we have a good selection of stocks that are trying to break out on the upside.
Here is the detailed breakdown for Alert HQ for this weekend:
- based on daily data, we have 1 Alert HQ BUY signal and 44 SELL signals
- based on weekly data, we have 79 Alert HQ BUY signals and 9 SELL signals
- based on daily data, we have 421 Trend Leaders, a huge decrease from well over a thousand last week
- based on daily data, we have 101 Bollinger Band Breakouts but we also have 346 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- we have 998 Cash Flow Kings
- based on daily data we have 19 Swing Signals of which 8 are BUY signals and 10 are SELL signals and one is a Strong BUY
- finally, we have Trend Busters with 104 signals based on daily data and 74 based on weekly data
If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.