In addition to alerts, we also have our lists of Trend Leaders, a collection of stocks in strong up-trends, Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater and Bollinger Band Breakouts, stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band. These lists are all available at Alert HQ.
Note that our navigation has changed, so if you have the old pages bookmarked, you will need to update them. Many of the new pages now present the data in tabular form so you can browse the lists before downloading.
Here is what we have this week --
Despite a weak Friday, major averages still added over 6% this week. Investors welcomed the latest Treasury plan to remove toxic assets from bank balance sheets and that positive sentiment carried stocks most of the week, even overcoming the 6.3% decline in GDP and the usual 650,000 jobless claims. There was debate over whether housing is improving as seasonal factors and plunging prices are beginning to generate a few purchases here and there. There was a decent new orders number in the Durable Goods report. It was enough for investors to consider the week's reports as better than expected. And so the rally continued further into short-term over-bought territory. This had the salutary effect of juicing many indicators that are slowed down by moving averages to finally generate buy signals; hence, the positive tone of our signals this week.
Here is the breakdown:
- based on daily data, we have 225 Alert HQ BUY signals and only 3 SELL signals.
- based on weekly data, we have 61 Alert HQ BUY signals, a nice jump from last week, and 5 SELL signals.
- based on daily data, we have 914 Trend Leaders, almost three times the number from last week.
- based on daily data, we have 165 Bollinger Band Breakouts using the new requirement to exceed the band by 3%. We also have 217 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- finally, we have 933 Cash Flow Kings.
Don't forget to download the free lists of Trend Leaders, Bollinger Band Breakouts and Cash Flow Kings, also at Alert HQ. If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for.