More than just alerts...
We also use the Alert HQ process to generate more free lists of stocks and ETFs
The first byproduct of the Alert HQ process is the Trend Leaders list, our collection of stocks in strong up-trends. These stocks are registering strong signals using Aroon analysis, DMI and MACD. They are also at least 1% above their 50-day exponential moving average. This week's list is now available at the TradeRadar site on the Trend Leaders page.
To generate our list of Cash Flow Kings we calculate the free cash flow yield of all the stocks we scan and pick the ones whose yield is 25% or greater. This list is also available on the Trend Leaders page.
Finally, we also have our lists of Bollinger Band Breakouts. These are stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 1% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 1% below their lower Bollinger Band.
Here is what we have this week --
Another rotten week resulted in major averages dropping 6% to 7%. The Russell 2000 dropped almost 10%. How much worse can things get?
To get the week started on a sour note, AIG reported the biggest quarterly loss ever. Economic reports were again poor, especially related to employment, or the lack thereof. As auto sales plummeted, bankruptcy was described as a real possibility for GM and it was GM who was saying it. The only bright spot was if you were a shareholder of Wal-Mart, who again reported better than expected same store sales. All else was gloom and sadness.
As you might guess, we continue to see the pressure at Alert HQ. The number of Alerts are down. The number of TrendLeaders continues to dwindle and so on. Here is the breakdown for this week:
- based on daily data, we have 4 Alert HQ BUY signals and 8 SELL signals.
- based on weekly data, we have 1 Alert HQ BUY signal and 13 SELL signals. This week we have modified the criteria. Whereas we used to require a stock be above its 50-week moving average in order to generate a BUY signal we now only require it to be above its 20-week MA.
- based on daily data, we have 59 Trend Leaders.
- based on daily data, we have 510 Bollinger Band Breakouts. We also have 1854 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- finally, we have 1095 Cash Flow Kings. As stock prices continue to sink, we have more and more stocks whose cash flow yield is increasing, allowing them to cross our 25% hurdle.
Don't forget to download the free lists of Trend Leaders, Bollinger Band Breakouts and Cash Flow Kings at the TradeRadar Trend Leaders page. If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for!