More than just alerts...
We also use the Alert HQ process to generate more free lists of stocks and ETFs
The first byproduct of the Alert HQ process is the Trend Leaders list, our collection of stocks in strong up-trends. These stocks are registering strong signals using Aroon analysis, DMI and MACD. They are also at least 1% above their 50-day exponential moving average. This week's list is now available at the TradeRadar site on the Trend Leaders page.
To generate our list of Cash Flow Kings we calculate the free cash flow yield of all the stocks we scan and pick the ones whose yield is 25% or greater. This list is also available on the Trend Leaders page.
Finally, we also have our lists of Bollinger Band Breakouts. These are stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 1% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 1% below their lower Bollinger Band.
Here is what we have this week --
As we have seen so often lately, what happens in Washington drives the market. The government took a larger stake in Citi. Bank stress tests were announced. The new administration's budget plan was revealed and health care companies and student loan lenders all tanked. Ben Bernanke delivered his semi-annual talk to Congress and was passably up-beat.
There were a number of high profile dividend reductions from the likes of General Electric and JPMorgan-Chase. Then there were economic reports that only served to put further pressure on stocks: GDP down more than expected, housing data down more than expected, Durable Goods down more than expected. You get the idea.
As you might guess, we are seeing some pressure at Alert HQ. The number of Alerts are down. The number of TrendLeaders continues to dwindle and so on. Here is the breakdown for this week:
- based on daily data, we have 3 Alert HQ BUY signals and 27 SELL signals.
- based on weekly data, we have 3 Alert HQ BUY signals and 7 SELL signals.
- based on daily data, we have 61 Trend Leaders. This is only two thirds of what we had last week and last week was only half of what we had the week before.
- based on daily data, we have 533 Bollinger Band Breakouts, over four times what we had last week and almost all of them are bearish. We also have 789 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- finally, we have 1015 Cash Flow Kings. As stock prices continue to sink, we have more stocks whose cash flow yield is increasing, allowing them to cross our 25% hurdle.
Don't forget to download the free lists of Trend Leaders, Bollinger Band Breakouts and Cash Flow Kings at the TradeRadar Trend Leaders page. If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for!