Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Based on daily data, we have 6 Alert HQ BUY signals and 237 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 2 Alert HQ BUY signal and 35 SELL signals
- We have 201 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 120 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 796 Cash Flow Kings
- 43 Swing Signals -- 9 BUY signals and 34 SELL Signals
- 292 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 10 stocks that are new additions to the list and 80 that fell off the previous list.
- 130 Trend Busters based on daily data of which 28 are BUY signals. We also have 92 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 141 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We also have 58 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
Well, the emphasis this weekend is on SELL signals. And no wonder. Major averages fell between 3% and 4%. No sectors were spared as everything went down. The only hopeful sign is that small-caps, as personified by the Russell 2000, performed better than other market segments. That is probably because they are less exposed to China (signs of tightening of lending in china caused emerging market stocks to sell off) and they are less exposed to tough rules to reign in large banks that were proposed by Obama this week.
Our Alert HQ signals are very negative today. They are so negative that a contrarian would say a rally is due. Be that as it may, for now we have a portrait of a market in trouble. As you may remember, we scan roughly 7000 stocks and ETFs to identify our BUY and SELL signals. Over 1000 stocks have fallen below their 50-DMA compared to last week. About 1700 have fallen below their 20-DMA this week so that nearly 2/3 of all stocks are now below their 20-DMA. I suspect lots of stops have been hit.
So, we have a falling market despite mostly good earnings reports. That seems to be what is driving what BUY signals we are able to offer this weekend. For example, Digi International (DGII) joined our Trend Leaders list based on a nice earnings beat. On the other hand, Google (GOOG) also beat handily and the stock fell. Those stocks that bucked the trend this week and managed to show gains deserve a look. Check them out now at Alert HQ!
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals or Gap Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Found a few stock picks you are interested in? If you are looking to refine your entry and exit points, you should take a look at what our friends at Hottinger's E-Zone Signals have to offer.