Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Based on daily data, we have 9 Alert HQ BUY signals and 96 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 3 Alert HQ BUY signal and 8 SELL signals
- We have 83 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 213 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 776 Cash Flow Kings
- 49 Swing Signals -- 13 BUY signals and 36 SELL Signals
- 513 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 68 stocks that are new additions to the list and 137 that fell off the previous list.
- 32 Trend Busters based on daily data of which 19 are BUY signals. We also have 48 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 198 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We also have 64 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
After struggling to a new high on Monday, stocks experienced mini-meltdowns on Tuesday and Friday. Especially notable was the "sell the news" flavor of Friday's action where a stellar earnings report from Intel the day before failed to generate a rally and, with stocks falling across the board, semiconductors were among the worst performers.
It's no surprise then that the Alert HQ signals should take on a bearish tone. We saw Tuesday's signals reflecting weakness, Thursday's signals a slight return to bullishness and today signals an outright capitulation.
On nearly all of our lists, we see SELL signals greatly outnumbering BUY signals. Fewer stocks are joining the Trend Leaders list while larger numbers are falling off the list. Our early indicator, the Swing Trading Signals list is showing a big majority of SELL signals. When this occurs, it often happens that the overall market comes in for a period of weakness.
So it looks likely that stocks will continue downward and begin to test support levels. And then again, it's earnings season, so anything can happen. So best to keep an eye on our signals and look for a quick turnaround on the Swing Signals list to guide you.
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals or Gap Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Found a few stock picks you are interested in? If you are looking to refine your entry and exit points, you should take a look at what our friends at Hottinger's E-Zone Signals have to offer.