Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Based on daily data, we have 37 Alert HQ BUY signals and 32 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 5 Alert HQ BUY signal and 5 SELL signals
- We have 191 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 337 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 774 Cash Flow Kings
- 23 Swing Signals -- 15 BUY signals and 6 SELL Signals plus one Strong BUY and one Strong SELL.
- 672 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 104 stocks that are new additions to the list and 63 that fell off the previous list.
- 37 Trend Busters based on daily data of which 34 are BUY signals. We also have 38 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 186 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We also have 57 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
The S&P 500 and the Russell 2000 managed to outdo the NASDAQ this week, a turnaround from we had seen at the end of December. It is welcome to see the other averages catching up with the NASDAQ which was the first one to break out to higher levels last month. This week's solid gains, despite a disappointment in the Nonfarm Payrolls Report, kept the bullish tone intact in our Alert HQ signals.
In almost all our lists of signals and stock picks, BUY signals outnumber SELL signals. The lone holdout is the list of Alert HQ reversal signals based on weekly data. We also continue to see the list of Trend Leaders grow which shows more stocks are getting locked into solid up-trends.
All in all, it was a decent week in the markets and our signals do not yet show stocks to be severely over-bought. Browse our lists of free stock picks and see which stocks and ETFs are showing strength.
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals or Gap Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Found a few stock picks you are interested in? If you are looking to refine your entry and exit points, you should take a look at what our friends at Hottinger's E-Zone Signals have to offer.