Wait, there's more...
We also use the Alert HQ process to generate more free lists of stocks and ETFs
The first byproduct of the Alert HQ process is the Trend Leaders list, our collection of stocks in strong up-trends. These stocks are registering strong signals using Aroon analysis, DMI and MACD. They are also at least 1% above their 50-day exponential moving average. This week's list is now available at the TradeRadar site on the Trend Leaders page.
To generate our list of Cash Flow Kings we calculate the free cash flow yield of all the stocks we scan and pick the ones whose yield is 25% or greater. This list is also available on the Trend Leaders page.
Finally, we also have our lists of Bollinger Band Breakouts. These are stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 1% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 1% below their lower Bollinger Band.
Here is what we have this week --
Even though there were only four trading days this week, the damage done to the major stock market averages was significant. The Dow, the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ all lost over 6% while the Russell 2000 lost over 8%. It looks like the bears are out in force again. We see their footprints all over our indicators and alert lists. Bearish moves are far outweighing bullish moves.
Here is the breakdown:
- based on daily data, we have 5 Alert HQ BUY signals and 87 SELL signals. This represents four times as many SELL signals as last week.
- based on weekly data, we have 2 Alert HQ BUY signals and 2 SELL signals. Looks like the weekly data is showing stocks going into hibernation.
- based on daily data, we have 95 Trend Leaders. This is only half of what we had last week and this time a good proportion are ultra short ETFs.
- based on daily data, we have 1607 Bollinger Band Breakouts, over four times what we had last week and almost all of them are bearish. We also have 647 Breakouts based on weekly data, triple last week's total and, again, most are bearish.
- finally, we have 981 Cash Flow Kings. As stock prices sink, we have more stocks whose cash flow yield is increasing, allowing to cross our 25% hurdle.
Don't forget to download the free lists of Trend Leaders, Bollinger Band Breakouts and Cash Flow Kings at the TradeRadar Trend Leaders page. If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for!