This post is to announce that the latest list of stock alerts is up and available at Alert HQ.
It was an awful week on Wall Street with a big sell-off on Friday. As can be expected, this made it difficult for last week's alerts to hang on to profits and it also made it difficult to unearth good BUY signals for this week's alerts. This week our list contains only 10 BUY signals, one less than last week.
To my great surprise, this week we have absolutely no SELL signals at all. With the downdraft in the market I had expected to see a hefty list of SELL signals. In digging through the data, however, it appears that many of the stocks currently in the SELL zone, and there are plenty of them out there, generated the initial SELL signal weeks or months ago. Many other stocks are stuck in consolidation patterns with no clear trend apparent.
Later this weekend I will be writing another post to describe my analysis of the market statistics the Alert HQ software has generated and to discuss the performance of some of the picks from past weeks.
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- Market internals continue to improve despite down ...
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 28, 2008
- Durable Goods report supports cautious stance on C...
- Durable goods - the case for shorting industrials ...
- Money left on the table - a cautionary tale
- Alert HQ - first list of stock picks based on week...
- IT makes a difference - look at Level 3
- Market internals improving - still not out of the ...
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 20, 2008
- Has the Fed ended the recession?
- Manufacturing - another area of weakness
- Market Statistics - indecision
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 14, 2008
- Bear Stearns situation is bad - will things get wo...
- Flash memory prices pressure chip manufacturers
- Why Yahoo is worth buying
- Market Statistics - more deterioration
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 7, 2008
- Citi's Levkovich - buy banks now!
- Allis-Chalmers post-earnings update
- Last minute rally but breadth is weak, support jus...
- Merrill Lynch - profits decelerate as market leade...
- My solution to the mortgage mess
- Weekly Market Update and comments on Alert HQ stoc...
- Alert HQ for the week ending Feb 29, 2008
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2007 (200)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|