Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Reversals based on daily data, we have 16 Alert HQ BUY signals and 17 SELL signals
- Reversals based on weekly data, we have 1 Alert HQ BUY signal and 403 SELL signals
- We have 34 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 204 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 618 Cash Flow Kings
- 3 Swing Signals -- every one is a BUY signal
- 18 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 4 stocks that are new additions to the list and 3 that fell off the previous list.
- 121 Trend Busters based on daily data of which only 3 are BUY signals. We also have 330 Trend Busters based on weekly data and only 3 are BUY signals on this list, too.
- 140 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We see 88 downside gaps and 52 upside gaps based on daily data. We also have 36 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
The surprise this weekend is that there are any BUY signals at all. After Friday's mini-meltdown, stocks gave up several days worth of gains. The S&P 500 has again failed to push above it's 200-day moving average while the NASDAQ Composite, which was comfortably above its 200-DMA closed the week below it. This does not bode well for the market in the short term.
The Alert HQ reversal signals, however, do show slight improvement as some stocks are beginning to recover. This recovery is only apparent in the daily data and has not taken hold sufficiently to show up in the weekly data which is tilted heavily toward SELL signals.
In the meantime, there are more downside gaps based on daily data then there are upside gaps. The Swing Signals and Trend Leaders lists have little to offer and the Trend Busters list is nearly all SELL signals.
Without a doubt, the week ended on a downbeat note and the signals at Alert HQ are, shall we say, less than bullish. Still, when the bears are running rampant is when the best values are found. For this reason, I encourage you to check out some of the BUY signals that we do have this weekend. Do your research - there just might be a gem hiding in one of our lists.
Using our signals --
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals or Gap Signals may provide some good trading ideas.
Found a few stock picks you are interested in? If you are looking to refine your entry and exit points, you should take a look at what our friends at Hottinger's E-Zone Signals have to offer.