Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Based on daily data, we have 28 Alert HQ BUY signals and 3 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 9 Alert HQ BUY signal and 5 SELL signals
- We have 169 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 421 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 752 Cash Flow Kings
- 20 Swing Signals -- 15 BUY signals and 5 SELL Signals
- 675 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 184 stocks that are new additions to the list and 58 that fell off the previous list.
- 54 Trend Busters based on daily data of which 49 are BUY signals. We also have 33 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 148 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We see 42 downside gaps and 106 upside gaps based on daily data. We also have 63 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
Nice week in the markets! Two big pieces of news were very well received. First, the ISM Services index showed job growth and economic activity in the services sector were picking up. In related news, a good percentage of retailers reported improved same-store results. All this implied that the U.S. consumer, while claiming to be depressed in sentiment surveys, was beginning to show some optimism when it came to spending some money. Secondly, a surprisingly benign Nonfarm Payrolls report suggested the employment picture was brightening.
As a result, stocks surged and Alert HQ has been registering an increasing number of BUY signals all week. Today's weekend results show BUY signals to be firmly in the majority. With the Trend Leaders list growing, it is looking like we have broad-based strength and upside momentum. The sharp advances this week are reflected in the large number of upside Gap signals. All in all, a very positive week.
With stocks poised to move above the 2010 highs established in January, we might be on the verge of a hoped-for breakout to new highs. With that possibility in sight, you might want to have some good investment candidates selected. Browse through Alert HQ and you're sure to find a more than a few!
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals or Gap Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Found a few stock picks you are interested in? If you are looking to refine your entry and exit points, you should take a look at what our friends at Hottinger's E-Zone Signals have to offer.