Today we have the following:
- 25 Swing Signals -- 12 BUY signals and 12 SELL Signals. We also have one Strong BUY.
- 467 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have only 261 stocks that are new additions to the list and 46 that fell off the previous list.
- 15 Trend Busters of which 5 are BUY signals and 10 are SELL signals.
Two days of trading this week and the story has been the same. Stocks work their way higher and then fall back in the last hour or two. That's the bad news. The good news is that stocks haven't really broken down below recent highs.
Looking for clues in our signals today, we see some underlying strength continuing to build.
- Trend Leaders: over the weekend we had 252 stocks and ETFs on the Trend Leaders list. Today there are 467. That's an encouraging trend and it is even better given that 261 stocks were added to the list today while only a few fell off the list. Though major averages have only muddled along the last couple of days, a good number of stocks are still developing strong up-trends. Outlook: bullish
- Swing Signals: we had a big list over the weekend but a pretty modest sized list today. With signals more or less evenly split between BUYs and SELLs, it would appear that we are in a consolidating market. Outlook: uncertain
Using our signals --
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas.