In addition to alerts, we also have our lists of Trend Leaders, a collection of stocks in strong up-trends, Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater and Bollinger Band Breakouts, stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band. These lists are all available at Alert HQ.
Here is what we have this week --
Wow, this market just won't quit. After a bit of a sell-off on Monday, stocks went back to their winning ways. Dips are being bought, sentiment is optimistic (some say overly optimistic) and stock indexes are rising. The effect on Alert HQ after these weeks of rallying stocks is that there are less reversals to the upside that are left based on daily data and we are now starting to see the BUY alerts begin to significantly increase based on weekly data. Despite changing our criteria last week to make it harder to generate Bollinger Band breakouts, we still see an increase in the number of bullish breakouts. All in all, it's a good time to be long!
Here is the breakdown for Alert HQ for this week:
- based on daily data, we have 176 Alert HQ BUY signals and only 3 SELL signals.
- based on weekly data, we have 206 Alert HQ BUY signals, another big jump from the previous week, and 3 SELL signals.
- based on daily data, we have 960 Trend Leaders, a modest increase from last week.
- based on daily data, we have 241 Bollinger Band Breakouts using the new requirement to exceed the band by 3%. We also have 369 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- finally, we have 1097 Cash Flow Kings.
Don't forget to download the free lists of Trend Leaders, Bollinger Band Breakouts and Cash Flow Kings, also at Alert HQ. If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for.