Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Based on daily data, we have 21 Alert HQ BUY signals and 17 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 2 Alert HQ BUY signal and 13 SELL signals
- We have 158 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 226 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 835 Cash Flow Kings
- 43 Swing Signals -- 35 BUY signals and 7 SELL Signals and 1 Strong BUY.
- 301 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 53 stocks that are new additions to the list and 70 that fell off the previous list.
- 53 Trend Busters based on daily data of which 49 are BUY signals. We also have 122 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 174 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We also have 57 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
Markets ended the week mixed. The nature of the outcome, however, is positive for the market overall. I was pleased to see the small-caps on the Russell 2000 and the tech-heavy NASDAQ as the leaders this week, logging gains of 1.7% and 1.0% respectively, while the large cap indexes, the S&P 500 and the Dow lagged. Seeing small-caps and tech stocks making a move tells me the leadership may be falling into place for another leg up. These are the most economically sensitive stocks and seeing them move ahead suggests some investor confidence is returning to the market.
As for the signals at Alert HQ, things certainly seem to have perked up a bit from Thursday. The number of stocks and ETFs on the Trend Leaders list has managed to stay above 300 this week. We are again seeing a surge in the number of BUY signals on the Trend Busters and Swing Signals list. That is always a welcome sign that implies a period of weakness may be reversing to the upside. A further bullish characteristic is that there are virtually no inverse ETFs on these lists. It is also good to see that the number of upside Bollinger Band Breakouts outnumbers the downside breakouts.
So given the state of our signals, there doesn't seem to be any strong rationale for bearishness. Why not find a few candidates for your watch list at Alert HQ?
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you practice technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals or Gap Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Found a few stock picks you are interested in? If you are looking to refine your entry and exit points, you should take a look at what our friends at Hottinger's E-Zone Signals have to offer.