Today we have the following stock picks and signals:
- Based on daily data, we have 31 Alert HQ BUY signals and 4 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 1 Alert HQ BUY signal and 14 SELL signals
- We have 105 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 200 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 849 Cash Flow Kings
- 32 Swing Signals -- 26 BUY signals and 6 SELL Signals.
- 262 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 57 stocks that are new additions to the list and 52 that fell off the previous list.
- 78 Trend Busters based on daily data. We also have 67 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 172 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We also have 62 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
Whew! Stocks dodged a bullet when the Nonfarm Payrolls Report far exceeded expectations. Dubai became a distant memory and, though stocks were unable to hang onto Friday morning's very strong gains in the face of dollar appreciation, markets still finished the week with decent gains. Small-caps especially were standouts this week with the Russell 2000 sporting a 4.4% gain.
At Alert HQ, moderate bullishness continues. The signals based on daily data are reacting and we see 31 BUY signals today compared to only a few BUY signals a week ago. On the Swing Signals and Trend Busters lists BUY signals greatly outnumber SELL signals. It would be nice, however, if the Trend Leaders list would start to grow. With only 262 stocks and ETFs on the list it can only be considered "anemic."
In summary, our signals are mostly bullish, the primary trend continues to be UP and economic reports are supportive. It's a good time to be browsing our signals and looking for some good candidates for your portfolio or watchlist.
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you. No matter which preference you have, there are bound to be a few stocks you will want to add to your watch list.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.