- Alert HQ stock alerts - based on a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques, we identify stocks or ETFs that are undergoing reversals, either to the upside or to the downside
- Trend Leaders - a collection of stocks in strong up-trends
- Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater
- Bollinger Band Breakouts - stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band
- Swing Signals - stocks that have bounced off a higher or lower Bollinger Band
- Trend Busters - stocks or ETFs that have violated a current trend.
You really can't complain about this week in the stock market. With positive comments from Meridith Whitney, great earnings from Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Intel and IBM and jobless claims down below 600K a second week in a row, there were good reasons for stocks to rally. The surprise is that this weeks gains completely undid the prior four week's losses.
As a result, our signals showed a strong tendency towards bullishness. The Trend Leaders list increased steadily all week long. In our Swing Signals and Bollinger Band Breakouts lists the BUY signals overwhelmingly outnumbered the SELL signals. Our Trend Busters are somewhat muted but they are showing a tilt toward bullishness as well.
Having gotten off to a good start, we'll see if this earnings season can keep up the pace of good news and keep stock market sentiment positive. In the meantime, if you were a buyer earlier in the week, we don't see any reasons why you shouldn't continue to hold on.
This week's results --
Here is the detailed breakdown for Alert HQ for this weekend:
- Based on daily data, we have 22 Alert HQ BUY signals and 10 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 6 Alert HQ BUY signals and 11 SELL signals
- Based on daily data, we have 234 Trend Leaders. 59 new stocks joined the list since Thursday and 9 fell off the list since Thursday.
- Based on daily data, we have 116 Bollinger Band Breakouts but we also have 114 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 818 Cash Flow Kings
- Based on daily data we have 28 Swing Signals of which 23 are BUY signals and 5 are SELL signals. No Strong BUY signals or Strong SELL signals today
- Finally, we have Trend Busters with 27 signals based on daily data (only 4 are SELL signals) and 20 based on weekly data (11 BUY signals and 9 SELL signals).
Visit Alert HQ and download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you. No matter which preference you have, there are bound to be a few stocks you will want to add to your watch list.
If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.