Each week we scan about 7300 stocks and ETFs, checking fundamentals, performing technical analysis and looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals. Out of this process we generate the following lists:
- Alert HQ stock alerts - based on a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques, we identify stocks or ETFs that are undergoing reversals, either to the upside or to the downside
- Trend Leaders - a collection of stocks in strong up-trends
- Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater
- Bollinger Band Breakouts - stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band
- Swing Signals - stocks that have bounced off a higher or lower Bollinger Band
- Trend Busters - stocks or ETFs that have violated a current trend.
The stock market ended the first week of the second half with a thud. Consumer confidence declined, construction spending disappointed and layoffs increased way more than expected. Improvements in factory orders couldn't nearly offset the strong negative impact of the jobs numbers. Major averages gave up 2% to 3% on the week.
Here is the detailed breakdown for Alert HQ for this weekend:
- Based on daily data, we have 5 Alert HQ BUY signals and 15 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 7 Alert HQ BUY signals and 16 SELL signals
- Based on daily data, we have 196 Trend Leaders. 69 new stocks joined the list since Tuesday and only 71 fell off the list since Tuesday.
- Based on daily data, we have 75 Bollinger Band Breakouts but we also have 108 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 833 Cash Flow Kings
- Based on daily data we have 28 Swing Signals of which 12 are BUY signals and 15 are SELL signals. In addition, there is 1 Strong BUY signal today
- Finally, we have Trend Busters with 18 signals based on daily data and 36 based on weekly data
If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.