For those of you who read the second post in the series on how to unlock stock market profits you may remember McDermott International (MDR).
As part of our discussion on using stock screeners we worked our way through three different web sites, finally ending up with a short list of stocks derived from the Zacks.com screener. McDermott was one of them and we focused on the company as one of the most interesting on the list.
Today McDermott announced blow-out earnings. Their profit tripled, they exceeded analyst expectations and announced a two-for-one stock split. The stock gained 4.2% today.
I hope readers will continue to experiment with stock screeners. Today's news on McDermott shows screeners can point you to some top-notch investments.
Disclosure: I own no shares of MDR
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- ► 2008 (266)
- Motorola Upgrade Questionable
- DRAM memory vendors to face tough times
- VMWare - still the center of attention
- Weekly Market Update - bulls trying for a comeback...
- Sprint - Why WiMAX?
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #4
- Bank stocks may be getting ahead of themselves
- BigBand Networks - sad to say, it's fairly priced ...
- Fed saves the day, what about tomorrow?
- SmartAds should target email users
- Markets recover - is it time to celebrate yet?
- Sold Agnico-Eagle
- Dominoes falling?
- The Kids Portfolio
- Qualcomm advances on lawyer's resignation
- Qualcomm - should you buy on bad news?
- A step closer to correction
- REITs trying to establish a bottom?
- Cisco wants to be more than Cisco
- McDermott Intl earnings soar
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #3
- Markets are in a correction now
- IWM not pointing the way down
- Google phone is a reality - cat's out of the bag
- Two paths to targeted marketing - Google and Yahoo...
- ▼ August (25)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|