Each week we scan about 7300 stocks and ETFs, checking fundamentals, performing technical analysis and looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals. Out of this process we generate the following lists:
- Alert HQ stock alerts - based on a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques, we identify stocks or ETFs that are undergoing reversals, either to the upside or to the downside
- Trend Leaders - a collection of stocks in strong up-trends
- Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater
- Bollinger Band Breakouts - stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band
- Swing Signals - stocks that have bounced off a higher or lower Bollinger Band
- Trend Busters - stocks or ETFs that have violated a current trend.
On Monday, stocks broke out of the last month's trading range and then proceeded to go nowhere for the rest of the week. It was still enough for major averages to register strong gains. We can see the effects of this breakout as our list of Trend Leaders grew correspondingly.
Here is the detailed breakdown for Alert HQ for this weekend:
- Based on daily data, we have 4 Alert HQ BUY signals and 9 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 47 Alert HQ BUY signals and 5 SELL signals
- Based on daily data, we have 890 Trend Leaders, a nice increase from last weekend. 125 new stocks joined the list since Thursday and 221 fell off the list since Thursday.
- Based on daily data, we have 184 Bollinger Band Breakouts but we also have 545 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 827 Cash Flow Kings
- Based on daily data we have 62 Swing Signals of which 46 are BUY signals and 16 are SELL signals. No Strong BUY or Strong SELL signals today
- Finally, we have Trend Busters with 12 signals based on daily data and 28 based on weekly data
If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.