This post is to announce that the latest list of free stock alerts is up and available at Alert HQ. Each week we scan over 7200 stocks and ETFs looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals. We apply a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques to identify those stocks that are beginning to move.
Volume was very low this week but the market still managed to make some big moves. After all was said and done, the major averages ended the week down modestly. For the month of August, however, they did manage a gain. Many analysts said the low volume was a sign that investors lacked conviction. Or maybe that most traders were on vacation. In any case, there were no startling trend reversals among the major averages and the situation in individual stocks was much the same.
As a result, this week's alert lists are again somewhat abbreviated compared to those that were generated during the recent run-up. This week we have 23 BUY signals and 11 SELL signals based on daily data. Looking at weekly data, we have 21 BUY signals and 4 SELL signals.
Stop by Alert HQ and download your free lists. The lists based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you. No matter which preference you have, there are bound to be a few stocks you will want to add to your watch lists.
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- Free Stock Alerts - Alert HQ for Aug 29, 2008
- Dell whiffs - why it was no surprise
- ProShares Links - the list for 8-28-2008
- Durable goods report lights up Wall St - but who's...
- Cree on a roll - rising on rumors or something mor...
- S&P 500 sector analysis for Aug 22, 2008
- Weekly review - stocks hit the brakes
- Free stock alerts - Alert HQ for Aug 22, 2008
- Why H-P couldn't move the market
- ProShares ETFs - is Consumer Goods a better bet th...
- Weekly review - rally continues with focus on the ...
- Free stock alerts - Alert HQ for Aug, 15, 2008
- Is investing like dieting?
- Safe to buy the Ultra Short Financials again?
- Another slick deal for Google or Yahoo or both?
- Weekly review - after a good week, will we get fol...
- Free stock alerts - Alert HQ for August 8, 2008
- Microsoft out of ideas?
- ProShares Links - this week's list, 8-6-2008
- Semiconductor rankings out - roadmap to investment...
- Weekly review - major averages struggle, broad mar...
- Alert HQ for the week ending August 1, 2008
- ▼ August (22)
- ► 2007 (200)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|