Today we have the following:
- Based on daily data, we have 1 Alert HQ BUY signal and 458 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 1 Alert HQ BUY signal and 80 SELL signals
- We have 260 Bollinger Band Breakouts based on daily data and 201 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 849 Cash Flow Kings
- 45 Swing Signals -- 44 BUY signals and 1 SELL Signal.
- 58 Trend Leaders, all in strong up-trends according to Aroon, MACD and DMI. We have 10 stocks that are new additions to the list and 40 that fell off the previous list.
- 162 Trend Busters based on daily data of which 25 are BUY signals and 137 are SELL signals. We also have 219 Trend Busters based on weekly data.
- 231 Gap Signals -- stocks with upside or downside gaps or gaps that have been closed. We also have 65 Gap Signals based on weekly data.
Looks like no treats for investors this Halloween weekend. Instead, traders have to digest losses ranging from 2.6% on the Dow to 6.3% on the Russell 2000. Trend lines were broken and 50-day moving averages were violated. Despite the GDP-driven rally on Thursday, it was not a pretty week.
Our signals today show the effects, with SELL signals well outnumbering BUY signals and the Trend Leaders list whittled down to less than 60 stocks out of the 7200 or so we evaluate each weekend.
Interestingly, there were quite a few stocks that refused to sink with the markets on Friday. Many of these stocks populate our Swing Signals list this weekend. Check out Athena Health (ATHN), for example, Direct TV (DTV), Las Vegas Sands (LVS) and Zumiez (ZUMZ). This implies there is still life life left in the dip-buyers and that there is hope for this market.
Yes, stocks ended the week in trouble but I'd be very surprised if markets fell more than 3% or 4% further from here. When we can call it a real correction, then I suspect it will be time to start buying again. Keep an eye on Alert HQ, we always have a great variety of investment candidates.
Using our signals --
Visit Alert HQ to view or download your free lists of stock alerts. The alerts based on weekly data show those stocks that have exhibited some good follow-through after a recent trend reversal. If you want to be early in identifying the newest trend reversals, the lists based on daily data are for you. No matter which preference you have, there are bound to be a few stocks you will want to add to your watch list.
If you're a momentum trader, the Trend Leaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders, Gaps and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.