Each week we scan about 7300 stocks and ETFs, checking fundamentals, performing technical analysis and looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals. Out of this process we generate the following lists:
- Alert HQ stock alerts - based on a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques, we identify stocks or ETFs that are undergoing reversals, either to the upside or to the downside
- Trend Leaders - a collection of stocks in strong up-trends
- Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater
- Bollinger Band Breakouts - stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band
- Swing Signals - stocks that have bounced off a higher or lower Bollinger Band
- Trend Busters - stocks or ETFs that have violated a current trend.
Another bad week in the markets: losses in the major averages ranged from 1.6% to over 3%. Economic reports were mixed but pretty much all the news was greeted with a negative reaction. Sentiment has shifted from "less bad" to "less good" despite weekly jobless claims coming in less than expected (finally under 600K) and exports growing more than expected (a positive for U.S. manufacturing). The negative tone is fully reflected in our Alert HQ signals. The Trend Leaders list continues to wilt, SELL signals greatly outnumber BUY signals and our Trend Busters are mostly breaking in a downward direction. Only our Swing Signals show any evidence of a bounce. Will they prevail?
Here is the detailed breakdown for Alert HQ for this weekend:
- Based on daily data, we have 1 Alert HQ BUY signal and 29 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 3 Alert HQ BUY signals and 48 SELL signals
- Based on daily data, we have 52 Trend Leaders. 12 new stocks joined the list since Thursday and 16 fell off the list since Thursday.
- Based on daily data, we have 67 Bollinger Band Breakouts but we also have 76 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 859 Cash Flow Kings
- Based on daily data we have 64 Swing Signals of which 55 are BUY signals and 7 are SELL signals. In addition, there is 2 Strong BUY signals today
- Finally, we have Trend Busters with 40 signals based on daily data and 95 based on weekly data
If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.