Each week we scan about 7300 stocks and ETFs, checking fundamentals, performing technical analysis and looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals. Out of this process we generate the following lists:
- Alert HQ stock alerts - based on a combination of proprietary and standard technical analysis techniques, we identify stocks or ETFs that are undergoing reversals, either to the upside or to the downside
- Trend Leaders - a collection of stocks in strong up-trends
- Cash Flow Kings whose free cash flow yield is 25% or greater
- Bollinger Band Breakouts - stocks or ETFs that have moved at least 3% above their upper Bollinger Band or at least 3% below their lower Bollinger Band
- Swing Signals - stocks that have bounced off a higher or lower Bollinger Band
- Trend Busters - stocks or ETFs that have violated a current trend.
Markets barely budged this past week. We have seen essentially nine trading days of consolidation in a fairly narrow range. Still, with the exception of the Russell 2000, all the major averages managed to register small gains this week. This quiet trading is reflected in our signals which show no drastic changes one or the other this weekend.
Here is the detailed breakdown for Alert HQ for this weekend:
- Based on daily data, we have 3 Alert HQ BUY signals and 16 SELL signals
- Based on weekly data, we have 29 Alert HQ BUY signals and 7 SELL signals
- Based on daily data, we have 665 Trend Leaders, a noticeable decrease from last weekend. 64 new stocks joined the list since Thursday and 154 fell off the list since Thursday.
- Based on daily data, we have 139 Bollinger Band Breakouts but we also have 410 Breakouts based on weekly data.
- We have 830 Cash Flow Kings
- Based on daily data we have 31 Swing Signals of which 8 are BUY signals and 23 are SELL signals. No Strong BUY or Strong SELL signals today
- Finally, we have Trend Busters with 38 signals based on daily data and 42 based on weekly data
If you're a momentum trader, the TrendLeaders list is a good place to go shopping. If you have no faith in technical analysis, the Cash Flow Kings may be just what you are looking for. If you do favor technical analysis, check out the Trend Busters. And if you are a short-term trader or even a day trader, our Swing Signals may provide some good trading ideas. See them all at Alert HQ.
Remember, we also provide our latest updated Swing Signals, Trend Leaders and Trend Busters on Tuesday and Thursday nights.