New Features in version 4.0 --The major new features in this version include the addition of new indicators on the Dashboard screen, Fibonacci retracement lines on the Chart screen and use of intra-day data. You can check out screen shots and read the help file on our Features page.
- MACD – technical analysis indicator that shows whether a stock or ETF is trending up or down.
- 50-period moving average confirmation – For a BUY signal, this indicator shows whether the closing price is more than 1% above the 50-period exponential moving average. For a SELL signal, it shows whether the closing price is more than 1% below the 50-period exponential moving average.
- A bundle of new fundamental indicators have been added – Annualized Cash Flow Yield, Price-to-Book ratio, Debt-to-Equity ratio, Free Cash Flow to Debt Coverage and Survivability. Simple explanations of what they mean are displayed on the Dashboard screen.
As always, all indicators come with the green/red/yellow LEDs signifying Go/No-Go/Caution. You can tell at a glance which criteria a stock is meeting.
- Added Fibonacci Retracement lines on the chart screen. It is now easy to see whether a pullback has reached one of the Fibonacci levels.
- Added ability to retrieve intra-day prices. You no longer need to wait until Yahoo updates their historical data (usually after 10:00PM eastern time) before you can get the latest price information. During the day while markets are open, TradeRadar will retrieve the latest price (with 20-minute delay). After the market closes, you will have the final data for the day available for your analysis.
- Added a big ol' button to the main program screen that launches the Chart screen. No need to pull down a menu any more.
Improved install process --When performing the full install of the TradeRadar software, some users received the dreaded error message related to replacing files and having to to reboot. This often led to a vicious cycle of running the install and rebooting and running the install and rebooting and so on.
This problem should no longer occur. Just run the "install.bat" batch file and the process should go smoothly with no reboots required.
Feedback welcome --Try the new version of TradeRadar. Let us know how it works for you. Feel free to leave your opinions in the comments or email TradeRadarOperator directly (see the Contact Me box in the left sidebar). I am always happy to respond to questions on the install process or any other issues you may encounter.
I hope you enjoy using TradeRadar version 4.0!