This post is to announce that the latest list of stock alerts is up and available at Alert HQ. Each week we scan over 7200 stocks and ETFs looking for fresh BUY and SELL signals.
The markets tumbled again this week, with the S&P 500 down 3.0% after falling about 3.1% the previous week. At this point the Dow, the NASDAQ and the S&P 500 all have double digit losses year to date.
The Fed met this week and kept rates unchanged. Having delivered hawkish comments on inflation prior to the meeting, the statement merely echoed the recent party line. Economic reports such as durable goods and PCE came in at levels that supported the Fed's characterization of economy activity as "expanding". Nevertheless, the combination of further downgrades of financial stocks, rising oil prices and tech bellwethers offering downbeat guidance conspired to keep stocks on a downward path.
As can be expected, this is making it difficult to find good stock alerts on the BUY side and is putting pressure on previous BUY signals. Again this week, the SELL signals based on daily data greatly outnumber the BUY signals: 44 SELL signals and 9 BUY signals.
As I am traveling this weekend, I will not have time to generate the list of stock alerts based on weekly data.
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- Alert HQ for the week ending 6-27-2008
- ProShares ETFs - why trading volume makes a diffe...
- Two ProShares inverse ETFs not yet overbought
- The Trouble with Trend Reversal Indicators, Part 2...
- Can the Saudis keep us from testing the March lows...
- ProShares ETF Report - Strongest BUY and SELL Sign...
- Alert HQ for the week ending 6-20-2008
- NII Holdings - still plenty of opportunity
- Industrial Production - tech propping up the numbe...
- S&P 500 Weekly Sector Stats, 6-13-2008
- Can stocks extend Friday's party?
- Alert HQ for the week ending 6-13-2008
- Big gap in social networking site audience
- Ocwen Financial - making the best of hard times
- S&P 500 - defensive sectors and energy lead
- Oil jumps while the stock market slides down the d...
- Alert HQ for the week ending June 6, 2008
- TradeRadar portfolio - June review
- Are semiconductor shipments a leading indicator of...
- S&P 500 - sector analysis shows more room for gain...
- Alert HQ - bonus BUY signals this week!
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2007 (200)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|