Markets eked out fractional gains this week, buoyed by better than expected earnings from many companies reporting but tempered by lackluster results at Microsoft. Despite record oil prices, the major averages managed hold on the previous week's gains and build on them slightly.
The general continuation of a positive tone in the markets has resulted again in a good sized list of BUY signals this week, 22 in all. We only have one SELL signal.
Looking back --
Taking a look at the performance of last week's TradeRadar Alert List, here are some examples of BUY signals and the gains they generated in just five days:
- An insurance company that received a buyout offer gained 42%
- A semiconductor equipment manufacturer gained 11%
- A medical device company gained 11%
- A little-known agriculture play gained 8%
- A telecommunications company gained 7%
Looking ahead --
As usual, later this weekend I will be writing another post to describe my analysis of the market statistics the Alert HQ software has generated. At first glance, it appears that market internals are turning somewhat mixed. Stay tuned for the full analysis.