This post is to announce that the latest list of stock alerts is up and available at Alert HQ.
It was another awful week on Wall Street with major averages falling between 2.6% and 3.0%. The financial sector fell 6%. This kind of action is grinding down many of the picks that generated BUY signals in past weeks.
With such negativity in the overall market, I shouldn't be surprised that this week we have absolutely no BUY signals at all. The list of BUY signals has been shrinking over the last few weeks and now we are down to none.
We do, however, have an alert list of five SELL signals this week. As mentioned in last week's post, it appears that many stocks currently in the SELL zone generated their initial SELL signal weeks or months ago. This week we got another batch that are finally throwing in the towel.
Later this weekend I will be writing another post to describe my analysis of the market statistics the Alert HQ software has generated and to discuss the performance of some of the picks from past weeks.
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- Market internals continue to improve despite down ...
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 28, 2008
- Durable Goods report supports cautious stance on C...
- Durable goods - the case for shorting industrials ...
- Money left on the table - a cautionary tale
- Alert HQ - first list of stock picks based on week...
- IT makes a difference - look at Level 3
- Market internals improving - still not out of the ...
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 20, 2008
- Has the Fed ended the recession?
- Manufacturing - another area of weakness
- Market Statistics - indecision
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 14, 2008
- Bear Stearns situation is bad - will things get wo...
- Flash memory prices pressure chip manufacturers
- Why Yahoo is worth buying
- Market Statistics - more deterioration
- Alert HQ for the week ending March 7, 2008
- Citi's Levkovich - buy banks now!
- Allis-Chalmers post-earnings update
- Last minute rally but breadth is weak, support jus...
- Merrill Lynch - profits decelerate as market leade...
- My solution to the mortgage mess
- Weekly Market Update and comments on Alert HQ stoc...
- Alert HQ for the week ending Feb 29, 2008
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2007 (200)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|