Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEMLW) has been a member of the TradeRadar model portfolio since the middle of June. Just a few days ago we were up 48%. The last few days have seen the stock plunge. With this market looking so grim, I decided to preserve capital and take what profits could be had. I sold during yesterday's 10% slide at $22.52 and was happy to get that price as AEMLW closed at $19.99.
Frankly, I didn't even wait for a strong TradeRadar SELL signal. A weak one had been flashed a week ago and that, combined with the slide of the last two days, was enough for me. We ended up with a 27% gain and I'm not complaining.
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- ► 2008 (266)
- Motorola Upgrade Questionable
- DRAM memory vendors to face tough times
- VMWare - still the center of attention
- Weekly Market Update - bulls trying for a comeback...
- Sprint - Why WiMAX?
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #4
- Bank stocks may be getting ahead of themselves
- BigBand Networks - sad to say, it's fairly priced ...
- Fed saves the day, what about tomorrow?
- SmartAds should target email users
- Markets recover - is it time to celebrate yet?
- Sold Agnico-Eagle
- Dominoes falling?
- The Kids Portfolio
- Qualcomm advances on lawyer's resignation
- Qualcomm - should you buy on bad news?
- A step closer to correction
- REITs trying to establish a bottom?
- Cisco wants to be more than Cisco
- McDermott Intl earnings soar
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #3
- Markets are in a correction now
- IWM not pointing the way down
- Google phone is a reality - cat's out of the bag
- Two paths to targeted marketing - Google and Yahoo...
- ▼ August (25)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|