It has only been a week or so since I recommended Health Care Properties (HCP).
After four days of relentless selling the stock has now completely reversed the TradeRadar BUY signal and plunged back into the SELL zone. Uncertainty in the credit markets and non-stop bad news from the real estate sector is wreaking more havoc on real estate stocks of all kinds.
Still, the fundamentals of this REIT remain attractive. Indeed, the yield has even improved and is up around 6% now.
Technically speaking, though, the charts tell a grim story. My strategy is to try to buy AFTER a bottom has been established. Unfortunately, it looks like HCP threw me a real head fake and has further to fall.
We will keep an eye on it and be prepared for when it does begin to turn around.
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- ► 2008 (266)
- Google still interested in wireless bidding?
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #2
- Blog Carnivals This Week
- Other shoe drops on REITs
- Weekly Market Update - Nervous investors sink mark...
- Using Inverse ETFs - have we learned anything yet?...
- Millicom falls, TradeRadar software says SELL
- Health Care Properties Plunges
- TradeRadar BUY signal for Starbucks
- Financials dragging market down
- Citi expenses still out of control
- Is Qualcomm smarter than we think?
- Is Google serious about wireless?
- Weekly Market Update - See Saw Market
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #1
- VMware IPO - good opportunity but be aware of the ...
- Are patents a predictor of stock performance?
- 10 keys to better investing for regular people
- Weekly Market Update - New highs again!
- Is CNET worth a look?
- Site ranking changes to impact online ad spending?...
- Some REITs are better than others
- Should REITs Rally?
- Bug found in TradeRadar Install Program! New versi...
- Why I haven't abandoned BigBand Networks
- Yahoo! shakes up advertising
- ▼ July (27)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|