To my great embarrassment, I discovered a problem in the Full Install of version 1.3 of the TradeRadar software. The version 1.3 Update Install works just fine but I see that many of you downloaded the full version.
In actuality, I found not one but two problems. The first problem is in the traderadar.ini file. There should be just one simple word in it: TradeRadar. Instead, it contains TradeRadar-test. This slipped into the install from my testing environment. This is a problem that is easy to fix and some of you may already have done so. It is mentioned in the help file that the name in the INI file must match the name you set up in the ODBC Data Source Administrator. If you followed the instructions in the helpfile, just go into the traderadar.ini file using Notepad and remove the "-test" and save the file. That should make the error at program startup go away.
The second problem is that the program is actually version 1.2 instead of version 1.3! No easy fix here. You will have to download the true 1.3 version. A quicker approach is to download the version 1.3 Upgrade. (You will still have to fix the traderadar.ini file as described above.)
In any case, the Full Install now has all the correct software in it and is available on the Download page.
My sincere apologies to all of you who downloaded the version 1.3 Full Install and encountered problems. I encourage you to give the true version 1.3 a try.
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- ► 2008 (266)
- Google still interested in wireless bidding?
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #2
- Blog Carnivals This Week
- Other shoe drops on REITs
- Weekly Market Update - Nervous investors sink mark...
- Using Inverse ETFs - have we learned anything yet?...
- Millicom falls, TradeRadar software says SELL
- Health Care Properties Plunges
- TradeRadar BUY signal for Starbucks
- Financials dragging market down
- Citi expenses still out of control
- Is Qualcomm smarter than we think?
- Is Google serious about wireless?
- Weekly Market Update - See Saw Market
- Unlock Stock Market Profits - Key #1
- VMware IPO - good opportunity but be aware of the ...
- Are patents a predictor of stock performance?
- 10 keys to better investing for regular people
- Weekly Market Update - New highs again!
- Is CNET worth a look?
- Site ranking changes to impact online ad spending?...
- Some REITs are better than others
- Should REITs Rally?
- Bug found in TradeRadar Install Program! New versi...
- Why I haven't abandoned BigBand Networks
- Yahoo! shakes up advertising
- ▼ July (27)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|