Those who read this blog know that in addition to writing about the stock market I also dabble in writing software. I have been experimenting with web widgets lately and I have created a page to monitor the market action during the trading day. It's called the TradeRadar Stock Center - Live Market Monitor.
The page provides a configurable list of quotes that is updated every 30 seconds. There are four small charts that can each be set up to display an individual stock, ETF or index. The charts also update every 30 seconds. (Quotes and charts are courtesy of Yahoo!)
The Stock Market Update feed from Briefing.com is provided. This feed is updated every hour or half hour throughout the trading day. I have provided the feed with a refresh button so you can get the latest update without having to reload the whole web page and possibly lose what you have set up.
If you see something interesting happening on your charts or your quote list, analysis tools are provided so you can search for articles on SeekingAphla.com or check the analysis on StockConsultant.com or AmericanBulls.com. You can quickly jump to a stock's profile on Yahoo Finance or MSN Money. Get a detailed chart from BigCharts.com or StockCharts.com or just do a quick search on blogs or Google. You can even find it on EDGAR.
The beauty of this page is that you can monitor a number of stocks simultaneously without having to refresh the page constantly. And the tools are set up so you can just input a ticker symbol and click a button and you get the information you need.
The page is located at my widget web site, OpenLinkz.com. Check it out at http://openlinkz.com/stockcenter.html
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (189)
- ► 2009 (312)
- ► 2008 (266)
- Bearish on Zilog
- Training Video for SELL Signal Available
- TradeRadar Training Video Available
- Weekly Market Update - no follow through
- Is it a Rally without the Financials?
- Yahoo and Google- get it over with!
- Weekly Market Update - Inflation OK, Markets Pop
- More on Agnico-Eagle Mines
- Agnico-Eagle Mines - flashing the TradeRadar BUY s...
- Mixed Picture on Real Estate in Fed Beige Book
- Video Stock Analysis added to Investor Toolbox
- Weekly Market Update - rate worries take center st...
- Thursday's Market Action: Rates rise, stocks don't...
- Is Qualcomm decline a buying opportunity?
- Introducing TradeRadar Live Market Monitor
- Property Prices a Barrier to More REIT Buyouts?
- Weekly Market Update - good news and rate worries
- ▼ June (17)
|Disclaimer: This site may include market analysis. All ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation to invest, trade, and/or speculate in the markets. Any investments, trades, and/or speculations made in light of the ideas, opinions, and/or forecasts, expressed or implied herein, are committed at your own risk, financial or otherwise.|